Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Tattoos & What They Mean To Me

This was actually the first professional tattoo I got when I was 18 or 19 years old. To be honest, it was sort of a spur of the moment type deal. I went with my best friend Nicole and her sister, Jessica. I was so amazed when I got my first "legit" tattoo because I expected the pain to be horrible...Especially on my wrist. It wasn't at all, though. It was probably the least painful one I have. I got the stars just because I've always loved stars. I know a lot of people have star tattoos, but I really don't care. The guy who did it was awesome and til this day it's probably my favorite.


(Sorry for the bad quality of the following two pictures.) This is my most recent one. This one probably has the most meaning to it. I got it when I reached about 115 pounds lost. Of course with that much weight loss, comes stretch marks and things of that nature. My stomach was the only area that didn't really 'snap back' the way I wanted it to. I don't think I'll ever have the balls to get a tummy tuck or anything like that, so I wanted to do something for myself to make me appreciate that part of my body more. I wanted to be able to look at my stomach and see something positive. This was the most painful one I've gotten, and it's my fifth one. I really don't know how girls have huge ones on their ribs/stomachs, because it was just so incredibly painful. I'll never ever get a tattoo in that area again. It was actually supposed to be a tribal, but I thought it was pretty and asked the guy to redesign it so that it could go up my side. I paid way too much for it, and the people there weren't that friendly (The artist was, but not the front desk people), but I'm definitely happy with the results.


Annddd...*Drum roll please* I saved the worst for last. I got these babies when I was fourteen or fifteen. Of course they're homemade, and not the best homemade ones at that, but they're a huge part of me. I've had them for six or seven years now. So many people have suggested I get them filled in, cover them up, etc...And I probably very well should...But I don't think they will. Even though they're scraggly, unprofessional, and random...They're a part of me, and I've grown to love them. I guess it's like having a flaw and learning to love it. I've been stuck with them for so long, that they kind of grew on me. I remember when my parents found out about them they flipped shit. My dad called my mom and said, "Diana! Meaghan has a jailhouse tattoo!" My mom had no idea that "jailhouse" was slang for homemade, so she ended up freaking out thinking I went to a jail and got a tattoo (haha). Needless to say, they got over it...And even though they're not the best tattoos by any means, they're mine, a part of me, and I have no desire to change them.

There is, however, my fifth tattoo that I DO plan on getting covered up with any leftover Christmas money I get. While I was on my whole, "homemade tattoo" kick freshman year in high school, I gave myself a horrible butterfly on my upper thigh. That one I actually won't even take pictures of, lol. It's the only one I feel no attachment to, and want to get fixed ASAP.

Even though I'm still young, I'm pretty sure I'm done with tattoos. I love them, and I love when people have tons of them, but five is enough for me. I think it takes a certain girl to pull off tons of them, and I just don't think I'm her. I'm completely content with the ones I have...(Well, except for the butterfly...But hopefully that'll change soon.) I usually only date men with 20,30,40 tattoos, but when it comes to me, I'm satisfied with my number. Even if it's not a lot. :)

3 comments:

  1. As long as your ink means something to you, that's all that matters! Congratulations on the weight loss and for being able to appreciate yourself a little more! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you manage giving yourself a tattoo? I'm fifteen and I want one teribly. I want to piss my parents off, I want to have it forever. What's the best why to go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should wait til you're 18 and get a professional one, I know it seems soooo far away, but it's worth it. I have a horrible one that I regret. They were done with India Ink but it's not worth the risk cause it can cause a lot of nerve damage.

    ReplyDelete