Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Why I Have No Future In Being A Conventional Female

This is sort of a gag post...;-P I'm partly just posting it to make myself laugh...All of it is true though.

Earlier, I posted a Facebook status about how I wish they would air more of the old Christmas specials such as, "A Year Without Santa Clause," or, "Jack Frost." I miss the classics. I've only seen them once this year. It seems as if every channel is flooded with these "romantic comedy" Christmas specials that I can't even bring myself to watch. It's all the same stuff, really. The plot line never changes. So that brings me to my first point...

  1. I cannot stand chick flicks.

    I am seriously such a man when it comes to movies. My favorite movies are Shooter, V for Vendetta, and The Departed. I have absolutely no desire to watch movies such as, "Friends with Benefits," or "Something Borrowed." I just have no desire to watch anything remotely in the lines of chick flicks. Give me a bowl of popcorn and "Scarface," and I'll be a happy camper. ;)


  2. I don't cook and I have no intentions on learning how.

    Today I felt like a grade A gourmet chef because I made myself....*da-da-da-da* steak and frozen peas. Legit. Oh, and I mean those tiny little steak filets you throw in a pan for 10 minutes. No broiling or any complicated crap. I'm so simple. If I could eat out of packages all day, this sounds awful, but I would...I just can't because I'm allergic to Citric Acid...*WAH* =[ (Probably God's way of saving me from eating such horrible processed foods everyday.)


  3. I am not romantic.

    Well, I guess I shouldn't say I'm not romantic...I am sometimes...I guess just not as much as other females. I've never been the type to be able to surround my entire being around a man. I don't care how in love I am, or how captivated I am...I could never make them the center of my world. It's just not who I am. My ex fiance used to constantly complain about how I wasn't romantic enough. My response was just sort of..."Eh...I do what I can." I feel bad but...It's just not me. I show the person I'm with I care, and let them know why I care, I just might not do it every single day and make them my absolutely REASON for living like a lot of women do. *Props to all the independent women who can handle a relationship and their own lives, btw!* I know a lot of women have the ability to have a healthy relationship and their own lives, but most people I know seem to enthrall themselves into this romantic fairy tale dream of a relationship (that most of the time they don't even have), and they almost forget who they are. I just think too highly of myself to wrap my whole being around someone when there are so many important aspects to my life.

  4. I don't like suburban parties. (Lia Sophia, Tupperware, Yankee Candle)...

    Maybe I shouldn't have used the word 'suburban,' since a lot of my friends who aren't the epitome of suburbia hold these parties...But it's just the gist I get when I go to those parties. I feel like basically what happens is, I get invited to these parties...Feel like I should go to support my friends...But then end up feeling hassled into buying at least one overpriced product that I'll probably never even use...And even if I DO use it, I could buy 5 more for the same price I paid for one at Wally World. I'd so rather be doing other things with my time. It's one of those catch 22s...(I usually love catch 22's). Like being a bridesmaid. It's such an honor to be asked, but you're really just going to go home with empty pockets later on.


So there ya have it. My list of reasons why I'll never be a conventional female...(And I'm totally okay with it.) :) I see absolutely nothing wrong with being conventional, since some parts of me really are! It's just not for me, and I thought I'd get a kick out of this if I read it in a few months or years.

No comments:

Post a Comment